Challenged for time or struggling with distance/remote learning? What about using technology? This digital version (via Google Slides) will be a wonderful assignment for your students and can be used with, for and about ANY composer. Students simply type in the info, insert an image and/or video. Not used to Google Classroom? I’ve got you covered with a 10 page How-To Guide to get you up and running in no time. Take a glimpse here.
*Please note this is a digital download and you need a Google account to access this material. An additional movie has been added to show you how to deal with problematic hyperlinks – you’ll want to check these after you’ve deleted the slides you don’t want but before you assign each student a copy.
- Red page includes composer name
- Orange page includes country, inserting an image of the flag or a map of the country and birth/death dates
- Yellow page asks for students to insert at least 2 images pertaining to the composer (suggestions to students are included)
- Green page asks for students to incude facts (you choose how many), styles/genres composer wrote for, and either the time period or instruments the composer played (you select the version you wish to use with your students)
- Blue page asks for students to include the title of a song and rate it. Five versions of this page are included so you can choose to also have them a) include a URL of a song or insert a video of the song. (You could feasibly use that and insert a specific video for your students to watch/rate.), b) instruments they hear playing and dynamics, c) instruments they hear playing and tempo, d) instruments they hear playing and style/genre of the song and f) instruments they hear playing and both dynamics and tempo.