In this set of Boom task cards students demonstrate their understanding of musical form via representational images from The Nutcracker. * Please note…you will need a Boom Learning account to access this resource.
Students do each of the following:
1) Students drag objects (from the bottom) into the empty boxes to represent the form listed at the top of the card. Once done filling the empty boxes, students click the green submit button to check their answers. When the “submit” button is checked, a green circle indicates the object is correct, a red circle indicates an incorrect answer, and a blue circle indicates a missed opportunity (the box was not filled with an object).
2) Identify the correct form (as displayed by arrangement of nutcrackers). Students tap the correct answer.
***No audio examples of music are included in this set though audio directions and reading are provided***
You will receive:
- 7-page PDF with Boom Learning download link (you will need an account for this) and tips on how to use as well as links to 13 how-to videos
- Link (in the PDF) to one deck of task cards (14 songs/patterns and 2 intro to form cards)
Take a look at my Nutcracker Ballet Story & Background (Google Slides) resource that correlates well with this resource!
Boom Cards (digital task cards) are also great for whole class instruction (especially beginning and/or end of class activity) on your projector boards, make a great station for your learning centers (use with iPads, Chromebooks or on your SmartBoards), as work for early finishers and/or for differentiation, for assigning a deck as “homework” and/or as part of your blizzard bag work.
About Boom Cards:
Boom Cards live in the cloud. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. You open a Boom Learning account to play them (to protect the children). Create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. Free accounts use purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.
Highlights of Using Boom Cards:
• Digital Task Cards (no printing, cutting or laminating!)
• Use the same way you would use any task cards (independent work, group work, early finisher work, competitive game formats, homework, quiz or test prep)
• Self-Grading (students receive immediate feedback and teachers receive a report on student progress and activity)
• Students can work at their own pace.
• Perfect for 1:1 classrooms
• Great for Homework (students can access and complete at home)
* Boom Learning℠ and Boom Cards™ are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.