In this virtual sound walk set students are asked to identify the difference between higher and lower indoor/outdoor “environmental” sounds. After being introduced to sound and its musical opposites (first six slides), students travel from card to card (10 sound walk cards) to hear the 20 different sounds (2 sounds per each task card/object). They must listen to both sounds (ex. shaking a carton of milk) and select the sound that is either faster or slower (depending on the question on the card). At the end they review what the word vibrate means, how sounds can sound different as well as differentiate between pictures of fast and slow sounding objects. Headphones are recommended for this activity. *You will need a Boom Learning account to access the digital task cards.
Twenty-22 task cards are included in the set. You will need Adobe Reader to open up the PDF and get the download link (please note: sharing the download link is illegal). Instructions and links to helpful videos pertaining to Boom Cards are included as well.
Boom Cards are great…
- for whole class instruction (especially beginning and/or end of class activity) on your projector boards
- for learning centers (use with iPads, Chromebooks or on your SmartBoards)
- as work for early finishers
- as work for differentiation
- sub tub activity
- for assigning a deck as “homework” and/or as part of your blizzard bag work
- for face-to-face, distance and/or hybrid learning
About Boom Cards:
Boom Cards live in the cloud. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. You open a Boom Learning account to play them (to protect the children). Create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. Free accounts use purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.
* Boom Learning℠ and Boom Cards™ are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.
om Learning Inc. Used with permission.