Challenged for time, struggling with distance/remote learning or want to incorporate technology and research? This digital version (via Google Slides) of a listening journal will be a wonderful assignment for your students and can be used with, for and about a song by ANY performer or composer. Each element slide contains a definition and is packed with information, examples, word choices and phrases to help guide your students to making a more informed decision while listening. Then students fill out the answer pertaining to the element based on what they hear on the “sticky note.” *Please note this is a digital download and you need a Google account to access this material.
- You can choose the song, performer or composer for your students.
- You can have them choose.
- You could assign a song and have your students analyze the seven main music elements.
- You can select a specific element for a certain song for them to work on and add an element each week!
- The possibilities are endless!